To play online people uses GCCG (Generic Collectible Card Game)
GCCG is a desktop application that is installed on your computer and offers a perfect game simulation. It is the application that has always been used and is used to:
- Playing online.
- Deck editor.
- Deck import and export from / to a text file.
- Be a spectator in the games of others.
- Buying and selling virtual cards, giving it a fun incentive.
- Games with sealed decks.
The current server is:
It is currently managed by this community, so if you find any malfunction or have any questions contact with us.
Once you have it installed, watch some tutorials to familiarize yourself with the application.
If you want to use keyboard shortcuts in GCCG to make the actions more fluid, for example to roll the dices it would be Control Key and the character R (Ctrl + R)
There is this alternative method accessible via browser. You put the url and that’s it. It is a very interesting project that is constantly incorporating improvements. It is not as finished as GCCG and the simulation is not as true to the game, but there are many things you can do.
In this website we are going to focus on GCCG.
1. Download the program.
2. Unzip the file and save it where you want to have it.
3. Run the file MeCCG.bat with double click
4. Indicate the username you want by typing “/newuser your_username” and restart the game
1. Before installing GCCG, you have to install some old libraries and prepare linux so that it can run 32-bit files. For do it you have to un a Terminal application.
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libsdl1.2debian:i386 libsdl-net1.2:i386 libsdl-image1.2:i386 libSDL-ttf2.0-0:i386 libSDL-mixer1.2:i386 -y
2. Once prepared, we can download GCCG
3. Unzip the file and save it where you want it to be.
4. Go to the folder where you have unzipped it and run the following command to give the game execution permissions.
chmod +x ccg_client Metw
5. Run the ./Metw file from a terminal with the user name you prefer. It must not exists already in the game.
./Metw --user aragorn314
6. If you want the application to “remember” your username, you can edit the Metw file and add the user as follows: